Last Updated: 18 September, 2022
1. Types of Personal Information Collected
Personal information means any information that pertains to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, aids in uniquely identifying that person and distinguishes such person from other persons. We usually collect personal information when you: (a) visit our Website, (b) enter your data on our Website, (c) subscribe to receive legal updates and other publications from us for informational purposes, or (d) information provided to us in relation to a job/internship application.
Personal information that may be collected and processed by us may include the following:
• Name, e-mail address, mailing address and phone number.
• Information about your requirements.
• Information about your business or personal circumstances.
• Information in connection with client surveys, forms, questionnaires and promotions.
• Your device identity and type, IP address, geo-location information, page view statistics, advertising data and standard web log information.
• Any other information provided by you to us via this website or our online presence, or otherwise required by us or provided by you.
• Information required to complete your order /transaction.
• Information required to fulfil our obligations under the contract.
• Information provided to us in relation to a job/internship application.
2. Use of Personal Information
We may use personal information collected either directly from you, or from third parties, including where you:
• Contact us through on our website.
• Communicate with us via email, telephone, SMS, social applications (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Clubhouse or Instagram) or otherwise.
• Interact with our website, social applications, services, content and advertising; and
• Invest in our business or enquire as to a potential collaboration with our business.
We may also collect personal information from you when you use or access our website or our social media pages. We will use the Personal Information provided by you for purposes including but not limited to providing legal updates and other publications to you for informational purposes or to process enquiries or applications submitted by you. We shall process the personal information on the basis of your consent, performance of a contract, compliance with a legal obligation or legitimate interest.
Additionally, we also collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
• To respond to your requests for consultations, quotes or legal advice;
• To provide services or information to you;
• For record-keeping and administrative purposes;
• To provide information about you to our contractors, employees, consultants, agents or other third parties for the purpose of providing services to you;
• To improve and optimise our service offering and customer experience;
• To comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements with third parties;
• To send you administrative messages, reminders, notices, updates, security alerts, and other information requested by you; and
• To consider an application of employment from you.
3. Sharing of Personal Information
Unless required by the applicable law, YVLC will not disclose, give or distribute any personal information to third parties. However, we may disclose your personal information to third parties to achieve the purposes (as specified above) including where:
• We are under the legal, regulatory and professional obligation to do so in order to comply with the applicable laws; and
• Third parties service providers are engaged by us for processing your personal information which you may have consented to.
4. Security of Personal Information
YVLC is devoted to protecting the information that is provided by you. Our information technology systems are password-protected, and we use a range of administrative and technical measures to protect these systems. We maintain reasonable security practices and procedures to ensure the protection of your personal information. Access to your information shall be limited to our employees, agents, advisors and third-party associates, to the extent necessary.
While we shall take all reasonable and appropriate measures to secure any information which we collect and prevent any unauthorised access, this is not an absolute guarantee of your information’s security. To the widest extent permissible by applicable law, we disclaim all liability in relation to any possible breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information in relation to your information.
5. Retention of Personal Information
YVLC will store the personal information and transactional/contractual data as long as you continue to use the Website, and thereafter as permitted or required by applicable law or to satisfy YVLC’s business requirements.
6. Requesting Access or Correcting Personal Information
If you wish to request access to the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details set out below including your name and contact details. We may need to verify your identity before providing you with your personal information. In some cases, we may be unable to provide you with access to all your personal information and where this occurs, we will explain why. We will deal with all requests for access to personal information within a reasonable timeframe.
If you think that any personal information, we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us using the contact details set out below and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
As a user of the Website, you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Website, the information you post or access and for your conduct on the Website.
8. Contact Information